The confidentiality, integrity, availability and accessibility of Intuit’s data and systems are of paramount importance to our organization. The trust that our customers place in our ability to protect our critical assets and information is a top priority. Anticipating, managing, mitigating and eliminating both fraud and risk are at the forefront of Intuit’s enterprise wide approach to planning for, preventing, detecting, responding to and recovering from insider threat.
The Product Owner for insider threat is responsible for malicious threat to our organization that comes from people within the organization. These individuals could be employees, former employees, contractors or business associates, or others who have access to information about the organization’s security practices, data and computer systems. It involves current or former employees, contractors or other business partners who have or had authorized access to the company’s data, systems, tools, and technologies who have intentionally misused that access.
Insider breaches are among the costliest and hardest to detect of all data breaches. While organizations focus significant resources on the mitigation of external threat actors, insider risks are likely to pose an even greater financial and reputational threat to the enterprise.
To address the growing concern of insider threat, our team is focused on five key areas-- preparation, protection, detection, response, and recovery. The Product Owner will have full responsibility for developing features, platforms, models and capabilities to proactively identify sources and patterns of insider threat/fraud.
The Product Owner’s success will be measured, among other things, by their ability to:
- Define a strategic vision, create the product roadmap, develop products in a high-throughput Agile manner, and measure business outcomes using data-driven decisioning
- Partner effectively to create the products, capabilities and infrastructure for systems to go live quickly and efficiently with disciplined execution and quality
- Launch the platform to protect our most sensitive data and consistently leverage next gen technologies and analytics tools and techniques to stay ahead of the fraudsters
- Lead by influence and collaborate effectively, both of which are essential to success n this role (capabilities will be developed by engineering teams across the company)
- Be a thought leader and key contributor to detecting, preventing and mitigating insider threat
- Define, execute and deliver the product roadmap and features; formulate the vision and mission of the product roadmap, including implementation and prioritization, collaborating with key constituents; prioritize projects and features by balancing impact with cost, anticipating the next things to build and why
- Identify and define direct and indirect threats, intentional/unintentional risk indicators and enablers, characteristics, outcomes and mitigating solutions
- Identify and define categories for insider threats (i.e. malicious insiders, negligent insiders, infiltrators) and identify assets most vulnerable to insider attacks
- Identify most vulnerable data within the organization; develop insights and translate findings into actionable steps that mitigate risk and exposure
- Develop strong, collaborative, cross functional relationships with key stakeholders and gain knowledge of systems, tools, networks, technologies, etc. to understand vulnerabilities; build strong products and implement customer feedback
- Make data driven recommendations and decisions; leverage advanced analytics to ingest and correlate output from a variety of tools (i.e. security, data access/movement, user behavior); provide analytics-based insights to help iterate on the product to make it more effective
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Collaborate closely with engineering and data science teams to identify potential sources of fraud, proactively monitor and triage latent and emerging fraud patterns, forecast fraud scenarios, and implement preventive mechanisms to mitigate the impact of fraud
- Become the internal and external evangelist for insider threat, leveraging through leadership, open communication and domain knowledge
- Evaluate third party tools and services and support for buy versus build decisions
- Keep abreast of fast moving developments, trends and technologies in IT across the tech sector, financial industry, government and academic
- 10 or more years as a product owner/product manager, a good portion of which within a global, enterprise software company or SaaS based business, with 5 or more years focused on enterprise risk, trust and safety, fraud, security or insider threat issues
- Demonstrated ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; ability to produce solid action plans from often ambiguous, conflicting or disparate points of view
- Record of tangible, measurable impact based on definition of appropriate metrics, OKRs, KPIs to drive focus and alignment among product teams to measure business outcomes with precision
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and analytical skills; superb communication skills; able to engage, influence and negotiate with business and technical stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills; able to discern patterns based on results and data; can establish objective and effective decision making and prioritization; must obsess with data, statistics and be fluent with mathematical models
- Technically conversant; experienced working successfully with Scrum teams in an Agile environment; obsessive focus on disciplined agile execution, continuous improvement and attention to details
- Intellectually curious able/willing to challenge the status quo; can think outside the box; has the mentality of a hacker and can think like a fraudster
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.