‹ Go Back
Return to Work - Product Manager
Mountain View, California - San Diego, California
“Intuit Again” is a return to work program at Intuit for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. If selected, you’ll receive 16 weeks of paid employment doing work you love for one of the world’s most innovative companies to help powering prosperity around the world! You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new experience to your resume, and make new professional connections. After the 16 weeks of employment, there will be an opportunity for full time offer.
The program is open to anyone who has at least five (5) years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two (2) years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
In this role, you can help engineer solutions that empower millions of businesses/customers worldwide. Your role is to work in small agile scrum teams to deliver awesome products that not only delight customers, but that are highly scalable and reliable. Using your detailed understanding of technologies and applying your intellectual curiosity you will help design, develop, and improve the features that help our customers run their businesses easily every day.
- Deliver an innovative, awesome customer experience and demonstrate by measuring customer delight
- Collaborate across functional and product groups to plan and drive innovative improvements to methodologies, strategy, and processes
- Be a key influencer, driving needed change by collaborating across organizational boundaries, at all levels of the organization
- Partner with platform teams to develop and execute on a plan for implementation in a target state solution
- Routinely deliver a great outcome for all customers through the efficient use of software development resources
- Analyze and synthesize data into actionable next steps to improve the customer experience
- Participate in and facilitate analysis sessions to capture desired capabilities and understand business requirements
- Breakdown capabilities into Agile user stories that can be prioritized and estimated by the Agile Scrum Team
- Document requirements and acceptance criteria for user stories as appropriate for the Agile Scrum Team
- Provide ongoing grooming of Agile product backlog to ensure stories are understood, estimated and prioritized
- Partner with Experience Design conducting user research, concept testing and iterate on screen mockups
- Review test plans and scenarios to ensure quality levels meet expectations
- Work closely with User Acceptance and Training Teams to ensure users accept and know how to use the solution when delivered
- Manage defects and enhancement requests to ensure they are prioritized as part of product backlog grooming
- Ensure the proper level of production support is delivered to application users and managers
- Define process for root cause analysis and identification. Work across teams to ensure root cause is fixed
- 5+ years experience in product management, designing and delivering exceptional software products
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required, MBA or MS advanced degree is a plus
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies, specifically in the role of Product Owner
- Experience with cross-functional teams that deliver customer-focused product offerings on-time and with high quality
- Demonstrated proficiency in process development, implementation and improvement across multiple functions/teams
- Experience implementing initiatives within SOA framework utilizing Business Process Management and workflow tools
- Strong analytical and technical background with a fascination and respect for minutia and interconnected applications
- Deep analytical skills and ability to analyze data and research to create strategic visions
- Experience with business process redesign principles, process mapping tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of testing strategies/plans/cases, including automated testing
- Exhibits a passion for learning new emerging skills that are relevant to their role
- High energy, self-starter with a positive mindset and with a "can do" attitude. Must be present, persistent, ambitious, curious and creative and willing to challenge their team to dream big.
- Comfortable with change, uncertainty and charting new territory
- Strong partner management skills, with good interpersonal effectiveness, influence, and ability to get things done through both formal and informal means with both internal and external audiences
- Results-oriented with a track record of focusing on high impact activities and driving strategic initiatives through to execution without direct authority
- A critical and analytical thinker that can find innovative ways to solve problems with technology
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Strong project management skills and an ability to think and lead complex projects simultaneously
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Group Product Manager, QuickBooks Advanced •
Senior Product Manager, AI/ML Services, Central Data Organization •
Senior Product Manager, Marketing Technology •
Principal Product Manager, Content, Customer Success Platform •
Senior Product Manager •