‹ Go Back
Mobile Development Manager
Bring your whole self to work. Join Intuit as a Mobile Development Manager. Intuit is a 36 year old startup and constantly disrupts itself by identifying major new technology and design trends that are needed to deliver our mission to power prosperity around the world. Our group is a fun, diverse team focused on delivering cutting edge capabilities.
What you can look forward to:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- $1000 towards your health and wellness expenses
- 3-weeks paid vacation
- An inclusive environment
- Mentorship and career growth
- Company socials, meditation room, pool table, games room and free massages
- RRSP matching, ESPP contributions, annual bonus
- Working at the #1 ranked company on the 2019 Best Workplaces™ in Canada list
We're looking for a product development leader to help build the TurboTax mobile team and develop the architecture to grow our business in new ways. This Senior Development Manager will have the unique opportunity to build new offerings in Canada and contribute to a global platform for personal finance.
At Intuit, we are passionate about growing the careers of talented technologists who are equally passionate in solving the most complex customer problems.
- Lead and mentor a team of professional and exceptionally intelligent developers helping build the TurboTax mobile team
- Create shared vision and build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships and alignment with partners across the business (e.g.Product Management, Experience Design, Program Management, and Operations)
- Bring in external best practices, industry learnings and trends to drive continuous improvement
- Lead and coach the team on data analysis and hypothesis testing to drive breakthrough benefits
- Drive the execution of critical priorities to develop mobile enabled, worldwide SaaS products
- Partner with business and technology teams to prioritize roadmaps, requirements, balancing business need with financial and technology goals
- Partner with operations team to quickly resolve production issues and ensure high availability through prevention, monitoring, and resiliency strategies
- Build a culture of innovation, technical and operational excellence on the team
- Use proven leadership techniques and interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain strong relationships with staff, partners, and customers
- Deliver business outcomes with quality at speed and in accordancewith stated business and technical objectives consistent with Intuit’sarchitecture principles
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly iterative environment
- Passion for being at the leading edge of technology with a minimum of 7 years of hands on software development experience
- 3+ years’ experience as an established technical leader of software teams that have successfully delivered customer-driven software products
- Demonstrated experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams. Adept at articulating the product vision and driving the future roadmap with strong business acumen
- Experience developing scalable consumer-facing SaaS software using modern, open stack technologies
- Experience delivering high-volume, highly reliable, highly available, services with a security-first mindset
- Proven experience with an automation mindset and a DevOps culture
- Strategic and analytical thinker who is hypothesis driven and uses data, judgment & pattern recognition to learn and move quickly
- Ability to lead complex change in an organization by articulating clear case for change and then gaining shared vision with employee through effective, frequent and timely communication.
- Ability to apply performance management rigor... hire, mentor, coach and develop directs and other high-potential team members to be the best that they can be
- High energy, self-starter with a positive mindset and with a "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
- Experience delivering applications and services using iOS, Android, Node.js and GraphQL
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Software Engineer 2 - Mobile •
Senior Manager - Development Platform Security •
Staff Software Engineer Knowledge Engine Platform Team •
Principal SW Engineer •
Group Development Manager - Financial Data Platform •