‹ Go Back
Staff Software Engineer
We are a world-class IT organization that delivers value through delightful leading edge solutions, thinks business outcomes first and is a proactive technology steward. Our mission is to transform Intuit to operate at the highest level through technology. To do so, we select, deliver and operate technology to run Intuit's business.
As part of this journey we are looking for a Staff engineer who can join the Finance and compliance Technology team.
- Work in highly varying levels of abstraction from product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation.
- Apply Domain Driven Design principles to architect backend services, which aligns well with the product and Intuit ecosystem.
- Be a champion for your service and evangelize it across multiple business units across Intuit
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Lead effort to automate and stream line the CICD process and keep evolving and improve capabilities around quality and operation excellence.
- Conduct design and code reviews. Hands-on with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of incidents in both PROD and pre-PROD.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise to enable the team for solving challenging programming and design problems.
- Designing/developing web software that improves developer productivity
- To lead change. Learn fast, Be bold and have the ability to innovate and challenge status quo
- Provide technology leadership within the larger organization – propose technology roadmaps, prototype ideas and map them to projects that provide tangible customer benefit.
- Be passionate about solving customer problems. Develops solutions that result in a passionate customer/community following
- 8+ years of experience designing and developing enterprise class, consumer-facing web services including design, development and hosting.
- Strong design and coding skills in Enterprise Java, REST & SOAP web services, ORM (JPA/Hibernate), Spring, Maven, JMS (ActiveMQ), Caching, XML, JSON.
- Experience with multiple integration technologies / frameworks.
- Expertise with unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Must have good experience in Unix/Oracle/SQL and modelling of information.
- Experience and exposure to AWS Cloud Services and DevOps mindset and expertise is a plus Experience with Mule or any ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) is a plus.
- Experience in Agile Development, Scrum, and Iterative approaches.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process.
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems. Strong desire to learn and grow.
- Building strong teams - set and evangelize vision, facilitative leadership, attract and retain key talent
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams
- Educational background with BS/MS in computer science or equivalent discipline.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer - Front End •
Principal SW Engineer •
Software Engineer 2 - Mobile •
Software Engineer 2 •
Senior Manager - Development Platform Security •