‹ Go Back
Principal Software Engineer - Conversational UI
Mountain View, California
“Where's my tax refund?” “How’s my business doing?” “Can I afford to buy that?”
Every day, millions of people and businesses around the world rely on Intuit’s products to answer these questions. Increasingly, our users expect to converse in natural language to accomplish these tasks instead of navigating menus and windows.
Join the Intuit Conversational Platform team as Principal Software Engineer to accelerate the next generation of conversational experiences across Intuit’s products. As part of the team, you will work with product managers, user experience designers, and data scientists to rapidly deliver tools, software components, and web services that serve both internal developers and end users. CUI is at the intersection of exciting progress in machine learning, computer science and user experience. Be ready to learn fast and boldly innovate beyond the currently accepted normal.
- Drive target state architecture for Intuit-wide conversational capabilities that will solve critical customer problems at scale. This typically involves collaborating actively with technical leaders and cross-functional team members from Architecture, Engineering, Product Management, and Data Science.
- As a technical leader on the team: ensures the team deeply understands customer problems and deliver products to delight them
- Be a role model in full cycle engineering. Demonstrate deep expertise across the software lifecycle including design, implementation, experimentation, and operationalization
- Roughly 30% hands-on coding. Deliver and review for awesome code with attention to quality, scalability, maintainability and performance.
- Design and advocate technical solutions so the team can work efficiently to deliver the product vision incrementally
- Mentor colleagues with a technical and growth perspective
- BS/MS in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- Expert software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- 10+ years of experience developing highly scalable web applications
- Expert knowledge of backend software development using Java Spring and/or Kotlin to expose and consume RESTful web services, async message queues/topics
- Demonstrated strength in cloud native technologies and operating in the cloud.
- Nice to have: High level understanding of modern Machine Learning, evaluation of ML models, and Natural Language Understanding
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring engineers and playing a strong role in evolving engineering best practices.
- Ability to operate at varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation
- Hungry to continuously learn
- Boldly innovate beyond what is the currently accepted
- Ability to collaborate across a wide range of roles and experience levels in a global setup. Strong communication skills.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer - Front End •
Staff Software Engineer •
Senior Machine Learning Engineer •
Group Development Manager •
Senior Software Engineer (iOS) •