‹ Go Back
Staff SW Engineer
Come join the "Customer Success Organization" as a "Staff Software Engineer”. The team designs, implements, QAs, and supports the Intuit Expert Platform for customers of Intuit TurboTax, Quickbooks and Mint products.
The ideal candidate will provide technical and thought leadership in the engineering team by leading and delivering on business critical projects, influencing cross-functional teams and mentoring team members.
- Drive architecture, design and implementation of highly available, scalable and secure web services and DevOps processes that will solve critical customer problems related to Intuit's Customer Experience Technology applications and services
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, solutioning, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning.
- Acting in a technical leadership capacity, as a subject matter expert and as a role model: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and solving complex or unchartered technical problems.
- Roughly 70-80% hands-on coding.
- Generate technical documentation to communicate architectural and design options, and educate leadership, development teams and business users.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QE, release management, Ops, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results.
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected, elegant applications & services.
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms.
- Apply experience and innovation to generate creative ideas for emerging business needs. Provide/inspire innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole.
- Provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, patent proposals and engineering & DevOps process improvements
- Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 12+ years of software development experience.
- 10+ years of experience designing & developing systems/software for large business environments.
- Strong design and coding skills in Enterprise Java, REST web services, ORM (JPA/Hibernate), Spring Boot, Maven, Caching, XML, JSON.
- Working knowledge of Microservices architecture.
- Working knowledge of ReactJs will be added advantage.
- Experience and exposure to AWS Cloud Services and DevOps mindset and expertise
- Strong experience in leading design and implementation of robust, highly available, scalable and secure web services.
- Able to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation.
- Experience in Agile Development, Scrum, and Iterative approaches.
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams across time zones.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment.
- High adaptability and flexibility.
- Experience driving for results across cross-functional teams while maintaining effective working relationships.
- Leading meetings, presenting, being a technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader.
- Excellent communication skills. Communicates clearly, succinctly and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers and management (including executives).
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer - Front End •
Staff Software Engineer •
Senior Machine Learning Engineer •
Group Development Manager •
Staff Software Engineer - Mobile •