‹ Go Back
Software Engineer 1
Come join Intuit as a Software Engineer 1!
What you can look forward to:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- $1000 towards your health and wellness expenses
- 3-weeks paid vacation
- An inclusive environment
- Mentorship and career growth
- Company socials, meditation room, pool table, games room and free massages
- RRSP matching, ESPP contributions, annual bonus
- Working at the #1 ranked company on the 2019 Best Workplaces™ in Canada list
- Deliver high quality web software, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, documentation, and quality assurance.
- Contribute to early quality activities, including code reviews, unit test and functional test implementation, and manual testing when automated tests are not possible.
- Participate in the agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams including: Product Management, Experience Design, and Operations.
- Resolve defects found during testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
- Engage with customers to get a first-hand understanding of their needs.
- Implement features, products, and enhancements that improve the user experience.
- BS Computer science/engineering or equivalent with strong academic record.
- Good understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms, Networking and Operating Systems.
- Experience with REST, JSON, XML.
- Experience with front-end frameworks (e.g., React, Angular) a plus.
- Experience with SCRUM, Agile and iterative approaches a plus.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle processes.
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and technologies.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Sr SW Engineer •
Senior Software Engineer - Front End •
Software Engineer 2 •
Software Engineer 2 - Mobile •
Senior Manager - Development Platform Security •