‹ Go Back
Principal SW Engineer
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing/developing Desktop Applications, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s).
- Demonstrate tech leadership: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Ability to navigate Intuit towards Ecosystems and Platform to be steward in visioning short- and long-term trade-offs across business and technology.
- Own the current and future state and drive delivery through clear and bite size Support execution teams with complex development and operational challenges through hands-on technical leadership via code design and contributions
- Applies left shift mindset and plays various roles of DEV, QE and Ops throughout the development life cycle and owns the E2E quality of the deliverable.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project. Hands-on in coding
Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM methodologies
- 15+ years’ experience architecting and designing desktop solutions on Windows and SAAS offerings; Hands on (50% time spent on coding/code reviews)
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience with Object Oriented Languages (OOD), C++, C# and .Net.
- Rich UI Development experience
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong experience in the Software design/architecture process
- Worked on highly complex technical challenges delivering durable capability that was leveraged across the organization
- Demonstrated lead with scale —understands the holistic view, work across boundaries at which systems collide and intersect; define interfaces. Exceled at delivering outcomes within and across other organizations and removed mismatches between organizational, technological and governance boundaries
- Demonstrated Evaluation of leading industry trends, and provided recommendations on new and emerging technologies to meet business goals or simplify existing processes
- Experience with unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating desktop-based C++ applications.
Scope of work:
- Apply full understanding of the software engineering discipline (they are a master of their discipline) and industry best practices plus creativity to effectively design, implement, and support SW products and services.
- Work on significant assignments that are broad in scope and complexity and, cover a wide range of issues.
- Discover and evaluate the most relevant factors to be considered in the creation, design, implementation or modification of software and services.
- Exercise independent judgment in the selection of methods and techniques used to deliver software and services. Considers build, buy and partnering alternatives in the selection process.
- Create formal internal and external networks outside of own area of expertise to leverage things such as best practices and technologies.
- Coach and mentor other engineers on methods and techniques.
- Coordinate technical dependencies with other teams.
- Influence business strategy with expertise on technology drivers and trends and creates the technology vision. Ensure clarity of business and technology strategy and its enabling capabilities
- Measure and optimize efficiency, effectiveness, and agility of technology
- (Availability, performance, required tech + operational excellence)
- Identify, analyze, and remediate root causes of systemic technical issues.
- Accountable for sound technical design artifacts
- Ensure quality metrics and technical debt goals are actively managed
- Assess and revise (if necessary) tradeoffs during execution
- Accountable for adoption of Intuit standards, best practices, and design patterns
- De-risk and assist execution teams in solving complex technical problems
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack •
Junior Java Developer •
Staff Software Engineer •
Mobile Software Engineer •
Staff Software Engineer •