‹ Go Back
Sr SW Engineer
Intuit is seeking a Staff Data Scientist to join our Data science team in Intuit India.
The Innovation team develops game changing technologies and experiments that redefine and disrupt our current product offerings. You’ll be building and prototyping algorithms and applications on top of the collective financial data of 60 million consumers and small businesses. Applications will span multiple business lines, including personal finance, small business accounting, and tax. You thrive on ambiguity and will enjoy the frequent pivoting that’s part of the exploration. Your team will be very small and team members frequently wear multiple hats.
In this position you will have close collaboration with the Technology Future’s engineering and design teams, as well as the product and data teams in business units. Your role will range from research experimentalist to technology innovator to consultative business facilitator. You must be comfortable partnering with those directly involved with big data infrastructure, software, and data warehousing, as well as product management.
- Ability to quickly understand patterns within large quantity of data and to reference key characteristics using visualization techniques
- Demonstrating strong programming skills in large-scale data analysis using Java, R, Python or related software
- Leveraging strong math skills and statistical knowledge to advanced data mining and data analysis activities related to next generation Cloud technologies
- Self-starter with the ability to drive impactful DS work in an industry setting. Drive the project to completion.
- Having a wide-latitude in determining objectives and approaches to solution development on mission critical assignments
- Going beyond established analytical thinking and problem-solving by applying creativity to unconventional concepts and out-of-the-box solutions
- Be part of a dynamic and cohesive team of highly trained and successful researchers
- Independence in the shaping and development of projects
- Collaborates with infrastructure architects in assessing and addressing the requirements for more automated, streamlined systems and for the data governance required for agile and responsive data manipulation
- Introduces industry-leading or academic-based ideas, research, and insights required by Intuit leadership to solve complex questions or fuel new business opportunities
- MS in Engineering Mathematics, Statistics, Theoretical/Computational Physics, or related field
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques is required
- Hands-on programming experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python, R, or related languages
- 5+ years’ experience manipulating large datasets and using databases (e.g. SAS, R, SQL, S-Plus, etc.)
- 1-3+ years’ experience with a general-purpose programming language (e.g. C, Java, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic principles of distributed computing and/or distributed databases (Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.)
- Publications in ML (NIPS, ICML, KDD, COLT, ICLR), NLP (ACL, EMNLP, NAACL) , Computer Vision (CVPR, ECCV) or in top conferences in related fields
- 3 years as either a lead in a data science role or in a management position in data science
- Strong communication skills and proven experience as an influencer at executive level
- Demonstrable ability to quickly understand new concepts---all the way down to the theorems—and to come out with original solutions to mathematical issues
- Education in Engineering Mathematics, Statistics, Theoretical/Computational Physics, or related field
- Proven experience with Machine Learning techniques, especially on large scale datasets
- Proven experience with Hadoop and related programming environments (Hive,Pig,etc)
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Mobile Software Engineer •
Staff Software Engineer •
Staff Software Engineer •
Senior Software Engineer •
Senior Software Engineer •