‹ Go Back
Staff SW Engineer
Come join the CTG Big Data Analytics Engineering team at IDC as a "Senior Software Engineer – Data Platform". We are leveraging big data technologies to gain new insights into our TurboTax customer experience. Some of the technologies leveraged by our team include: Hadoop, Vertica, and Netezza. We foster an open team environment where we value direct interactions and working code above working in a cave.
- Good understanding of distributed data computing concepts, Ingestion technologies, persistent storage, No SQL (at least one stack), batch and real-time processing of data (preferably using open source technology like Spark/Storm). Expected to be SME for at least one tech stack.
- Designing end to end data pipeline given business and ops requirements (ingestion, processing and storage).
- Fair undersigning of AWS Data Stack. Good understanding of Hadoop/HDFS and Real time processing (micro batch and Streaming)
- Good understanding of Scripting languages like Python & Shell, SQL (optional), Scala (optional), Java. Understanding of Micro-services architecture will be a big plus.
- Designing and developing ETL jobs across multiple platforms and tools including Vertica, Netezza and Hadoop.
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning.
- Work with business users to develop and refine analytical requirements for quantitative data (view-through, clickstream, acquisition, product usage, transactions), qualitative data (survey, market research) and unstructured data (blog, social network).
- Designing and developing schema definitions and support data warehouse/mart to enable integration of disparate data sources from within Intuit and outside, aggregate it and make it available for analysis.
- Support large data volumes and accommodate flexible provisioning of new sources.
- As a key member of the team drive adoption of new technologies, tools, and process improvements to build world class analytical capabilities for web analytics, optimization, experimentation and personalization.
- Be the technical leader: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging data and design problems.
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: Product Management, Project Management, Data Architects, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Software Engineers, and other Data Engineers.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of project across the data landscape.
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Helps to align to overall strategies and reconcile competing priorities across organization.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 8 to 12 years’ experience in developing DB schemas, creating ETLs, and familiar with MPP/Hadoop systems.
- Must have mastery of data warehousing technologies including data modeling, ETL and reporting. Ideal candidate to have 5+ years of experience in end-to-end data warehouse implementations and at least 2 projects with 4TB+ data volume.
- Extensive experience with databases (Vertica, Netezza or oracle).
- Good knowledge of Operating Systems (Unix or Linux).
- Good understanding of Data ware House methodologies.
- Hands on experience in any of the programming languages (Shell scripting, Python, Java, etc).
- Must have been through several full life cycle Data Warehousing implementations and involved in scalability and performance related design aspects in Database and ETL.
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues related to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Software design and architecture process.
- Experience with unit testing and data quality automation checks
- Should be results oriented, self-motivated, accountable and work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation Skills.
Good to have
- Knowledge of Big Data eco system like Hadoop M/R, Pig and Hive is a strong plus.
- Experience in design, development and deployment of one or more tools - ETL (Informatica, OWB, ODI), reporting (Business Objects, QlikView, Tableau)
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer - Full-Stack •
Junior Java Developer •
Mobile Software Engineer •
Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack •
Staff Software Engineer •