‹ Go Back
Staff SW Engineer
Intuit’s ProConnect Group is looking for a talented DevOps engineer with a passion for automation, ready for an opportunity to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique to Intuit while using your expertise in operations, automation, public cloud and large-scale systems. We are looking for someone who can design, code and maintain high performance and available infrastructure
- Designs, builds and operates highly available hosting infrastructure on public and private clouds.
- Applies experience of DevOps/SCM best practices to enable highly available & reliable systems and processes including source control, artifact management, build, and deployment systems for a global workforce.
- Maintains the SLA on development, test and production infrastructure by proactively monitoring, troubleshooting and fixing software and hardware problems.
- Drives build and release engineering for products across mobile, tablets, cloud, desktop platforms.
- Provides guidance and support to engineers on development, build, deployment and release.
- Designs, documents and implements consistent release, branch, build, and deploy patterns that increase organizational efficiency.
- Administers and maintains source control repositories, build systems, build automation servers, and associated automation.
- Drives continuous improvements within and across teams.
- 8+ years of experience in DevOps, software engineering, release engineering, and/or software configuration management.
- Deep understanding of building highly available infrastructure using public cloud technologies and native services.
- Experience with successfully executing and continuously improving the release process for a large organization delivering many products with competing timelines.
- Strong understanding administering and troubleshooting software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems.
- Experience automating build and release processes, build management, dependency management and continuous integration/deployment tools.
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies, Linux, UNIX, Windows, SaaS and mobile.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- BS or BA Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Source Control: GitHub
- Artifact Management: Nexus, Artifactory, Yum, NPM, Gem.
- Build: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Gulp.
- Scripting languages: Python, Ruby, bash, batch.
- Databases: Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Cassandra
- Programming languages: Java, node.js, Go.
- Monitoring: AppDynamics, Wavefront, New Relic, Dynatrace.
- Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack.
- Hosting: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, on-premise.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Sr SW Engineer •
Senior Software Engineer - Front End •
Software Engineer 2 •
Software Engineer 2 - Mobile •
Senior Manager - Development Platform Security •