‹ Go Back
Senior Software Engineer - Front End
Mountain View, California
As a Senior Software Engineer in Small Business Self Employed Group Payments, you will be responsible for working with product managers, marketers, developers and experience designers to build intuitive consumer products. Using your detailed understanding of technologies and applying your intellectual curiosity, you will help design, build, test, and improve the features that help our customers run their businesses easily every day. We are looking for team members that love new challenges, cracking tough problems and working cross-functionally. If you are looking to join a fast-paced, innovative and incredibly fun team, then we encourage you to apply.
- Successful delivery of high-quality web applications and back-end services code (requirements, design, code, test, devops, documentation, etc.)
- Roughly 85-90% hands-on coding
- Contribute to overall site stability, including code reviews, writing unit and integration tests
- Resolve defects/bugs during testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work effectively within your team and cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience with HTML, ES6, CSS
- Experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST
- Experience with Node, NPM, Express, Handlebars (or comparable view templating engine), RequireJS (or comparable module loader) and build tools like Grunt, Gulp etc.
- Experience with OOP and RESTful web services
- An understanding of unit testing, Selenium, Jasmine, Test Driven Development (TDD) etc.
- "Self-starter" attitude and ability to make decisions independently
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems, strong desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding partnership skills
- Experience with Java a plus
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer - Full-Stack •
Senior Development Manager - QuickBooks Payroll •
Software Engineer •
Staff Software Engineer •
Senior Software Engineer •